slideshow

Jul 26, 2009

A pillar of fire and a covenant

Hello again. =)

Thursday night at YFN during worship the Lord gave me a vision that got an interpretation this morning. Thought I'd share it. ;)

In the vision I was in the middle of a funnel cloud of fire. It looked like what I've always imagined the pillar of fire that led the Israelites in Exodus looking like. Right next to it was a funnel that was a cloud that I was also in. I could see the cloud, but the fire was the focus. I had no clue what it meant, but I knew it had a meaning. So the Lord has been teaching me about His love....and like I've said before, how seriously to take this relationship with Him. Well, last night I was reading a book by Kris Valloton, and he was talking about covenanting with God, rather than just cohabiting with Him. Covenant is where both partners expect and intend to die to self for the other. Cohabitation is just to get what you can from the other. That caught my attention.

So this morning, a pastor from Israel was speaking at church. He talked about the covenant with Abram in Genesis 15:17-18:
"And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between the pieces (of meat on the ground). On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram.."
The pastor had a power point to go with his message---the slide for this scripture had a picture on it of a pillar of fire going between the meat---making the covenant. Suddenly it clicked.

A covenant. Jesus was making a covenant with me. And I was making a covenant with Him.

That night the speaker had talked about the point of no return--having to choose to jump into Him, no matter what that would look like. I jumped. But I didn't make the connection until this morning that the vision was directly tied to the decision that night.

Jesus, you're so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment